Denver vs Jacksonville: Play or Pass on NFL Record Setting Odds
Why Denver will cover the biggest spread in NFL History
In what has to be an embarrassment to everyone involved, the Denver Broncos vs. Jacksonville Jaguars NFL Week 6 game has been posted at Denver -27.5 points at most land-based and offshore betting shops. There are a few very good reasons why bettors should lay the monster line and back the Broncos this weekend:
- Denver has averaged 46 points per game – Jacksonville has posted 51 points in five games
- The Bronco have scored 142 points at home – the Jags have 46 points in three road contests
- Denver has won 16 straight regular season games – Jacksonville is 1-15 over the same period
- Kansas City is off to a an equally hot 5-0 start so it’s been pedal to the mettle for the Broncos
- Jacksonville ranks 29th in rush yards and 30th in pass yards gained – Denver is 1st and 15th
- After a 34-20 loss in St. Louis the Jaguars are playing on the road for a second straight week
How Jacksonville can rise up and cover this monster point spread price
Jacksonville has some favorable history on their side when it comes to covering 17 point plus point spreads. Dating back to the NFL 2007 season, the chalk teams own a very poor 3-7-1 cover record and they are 0-4 against 20 plus point spreads. Some additional positives in this contest for the Jaguars include:
- The Jaguars start QB Chad Henne and he has WR Justin Blackmon back in the offensive fold
- Surprisingly, Jacksonville’s pass defense ranks 10th overall allowing just 219.2 yards per game
- The Jaguars have only lost by more 27 points five times over their last 119 regular season games
- Denver looks toward their contest against the AFC South leading Colts at the end of the first half
- Jacksonville will be sick of hearing about this line – gains a “moral” victory by covering the spread
- Denver fields third and fourth string players in the fourth quarter leading to a Jags back-door cover
Broncos vs. Jaguars: Lay the line, take the points, or pass on this monster price?
In the end, we will pass on this game as the thought of a back-door cover late, plus the betting board offering other more reasonable prices means our betting bucks are better spent elsewhere. We suggest taking a look at the Dallas -6 ATS price versus Washington or the Eagles -0.5 line against the lowly Buccaneers.
Category : SportsMore articles...