The Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile is one of the newer additions to the star-packed Breeders’ Cup card but the $1 million event is one not to miss. It is run at one mile on the dirt and attracts both sprinters looking for additional distance and two-turn horses looking for a cut back. Last year, Liam’s Map put in one of the most visually stunning performances of the day with a 2 ½ length romp as the overwhelming favorite, returning just $3.00.
Check back later for the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile race results.
Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile Betting Online
Even if you cannot make it to Santa Anita in Arcadia, California, you can get in on all of the fast-paced Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile Betting action through one of these recommended racebooks.
How To Win Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile Bets
The Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile goes on Friday, November 4th from Santa Anita. Post time is 3:05 p.m. PDT.
Probable starters with odds
1. Dortmund (2-1) – It is difficult not to root for this powerhouse colt. He has hung tough against the best in the world in his recent starts and seems to have really progressed from three to four. The cut back to a mile at his home track should work in his favor.
2. Runhappy (3-1) – His attempt back at two turns in the Ack Ack was not encouraging and his recent workouts have suggested he is over the top. One has to wonder if he is the same horse that scintillated in the Breeders’ Cup Sprint last year.
3. Vyjack (5-1) – Interesting fact – he is a half brother to turf Mile favorite Tepin and it will be interesting to see whether he takes a crack at his champion sibling there or goes on the dirt. He is capable and dangerous on either surface.
4. Gun Runner (6-1) – He has been one of the more consistent horses in his crop and has been knocking on the door of a breakthrough win. He has a tough task either here or in the Classic.
5. Tamarkuz (8-1) – He is as good as he has ever been right now and has been running consistent numbers that make him a threat against anyone in this field. Overlook him at your own peril.
6. Point Piper (12-1) – It has been some time since his best performance against lesser competition and he may be in over his head against elite Grade 1 competition.
7. Tom’s Ready (15-1) – He is heading in the right direction and seems to be maturing the second half of his sophomore year. He defeated Runhappy last time out in a major performance and a repeat could make him a contender.
8. Texas Chrome (30-1) – His biggest wins have come in Oklahoma and while he is a winning machine at his home base, he may find this group too formidable.
9. Dalmore (30-1) – Though the big Desormeaux horse Exaggerator is off to the breeding shed, Dalmore will try to step into his horseshoes as the new stable star.
10. Accelerate (30-1) – Since stretching out to two turns, he has been in remarkable form. He has passed every class test so far and will have a big one here.
All entries are unofficial. Final entries and Post Position draw for the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile will take place on Monday, Oct. 31.