We also feature the best Canada sports betting sites, and a variety of European, UK and Australia bookmakers. So indulge yourself with our growing treasure-trove of invaluable information on sports wagering on the web.
The unmatched convenience of betting on sports online has propelled the internet betting industry to new heights. Just as you can in Las Vegas, the best sportsbetting sites offer a variety of wagering options on everything from sports to American Idol…
Everything You Want To Know about Online Sports Betting…
- Against the Spread (ATS) – This type of wager is probably the most popular wager. A bettor places a bet that a team will win or lose by a certain amount of points.
- Moneyline – As one of the oldest types of wagers, bettors are given odds for a team to win a game. Both the payout and the amount needed to stake are dependent on the odds of a certain team.
- Parlay – A parlay allows you to combine multiple bets for greater odds. You can parlay multiple ATS or moneyline wagers for a higher payout.
- Teasers – Teasers allow the bettor to combine multiple ATS wagers with the opportunity to move the pointspread in their favor.
- Totals – Totals are similar to ATS wagers but you are wagering whether the total of points scored in a game will go over or under a predetermined number.
The online sportsbook industry has provided a convenient and safe environment for sports bettors. A sportsbook account is free to open. After entering your information, placing a wager is as easy as a click of a button. All account information at reputable sportsbooks is private, and these operations hold this information in the highest regard.
The evidence that online gambling is safe is that every more and more money is wagered online. A 2003 ESPN report estimated that 25% of United States citizens placed online wagers and that the online industry collected over $63 Billion in wagers. In 2010 $2.7-$7 Billion was estimated to be wagered on March Madness alone compared to $90 million in Las Vegas.
Many sportsbooks have opened online since the beginning of internet gambling. As in any industry, there are a few established companies that have provided consistent service to their clients. The most popular online sportsbooks are Bodog, Sportsbook.com, BetUS.com, Sports Interaction and Bookmaker.com. Beside the service that they provide, they also offer great sign-up bonuses for opening an account. These bonuses are free money added to your account for wagering.