Saudi Cup Field
This is the official field for the 2022 Saudi Cup in wagering number order, with trainers, jockeys, and post draws.
- Aero Trem (Antonio Perera/Vagner Leal) - post 2
- Art Collector (Bill Mott/Luis Saez) - post 9
- Country Grammer (Bob Baffert/Flavien Prat) - post 1
- Emblem Road (Mitab Almulawah/Wiggy Ramos)- post 5
- Magny Cours (Andre Fabre/Mickael Barzalona) - post 7
- Making Miracles (Mitab Almulawah/Alexis Moreno) - post 10
- Mandaloun (Brad Cox/Florent Geroux) - post 6
- Midnight Bourbon (Steve Asmussen/Joel Rosario) - post 3
- Mishriff (John and Thady Gosden/David Egan) - post 14
- Real World (Saeed Bin Suroor/Frankie Dettori) - post 4
- Sealiway (Francis Henri Graffard/Ryan Moore) - post 11
- Secret Ambition (Satish Seemar/Tadgh O’Shea) - post 12
- Marche Lorraine (Yohito Yashagi/Christophe Soumillon) - post 13
- T O Keynes (Daisuke Takayanagi/Kohei Matsuyama) - post 8
- Great Scot (no rider assigned/Abdulrahman Al Kahtani) - also eligible
- Alkhateeb (no rider assigned/M. Aldugish) - also eligible
All of the best online racebooks will offer wagering on the Saudi Cup, and with fourteen horses in the field, it will be an excellent betting race! You can make sure to have the most exciting and lucrative Saudi Cup day possible by playing the race online. Online sportsbooks let you lock in the odds on your pick, meaning you are guaranteed the best odds the moment you wager.
These are the current Saudi Cup odds at top online sportsbooks. Make sure to track them, and get ready to place your bet when you find an overlay on your horse!
Horse Mishriff +400 +410 Mandaloun +650 +675 T O Keynes +900 +950 Art Collector +1000 +1000 Midnight Bourbon +1100 +1100
Saudi Cup Online Betting
Our online betting experts have done the research to find the best places to bet the Saudi Cup online. Though there are many options out there, our expert reviews tell you what you need to know about all of the best, most trusted sportsbooks online.
All of the sites our experts recommend have the basics of a great wagering experience: smooth user interfaces, trusted money management features, and real Vegas odds on races and sports all year long. Our experts can also help you figure out which site’s bonuses and incentives can make you the most money based on your betting style.
Bet like a pro by signing up for one of these sportsbooks today!
Saudi Cup Handicapping
With your betting account set up, it is time to delve into the Saudi Cup and find out who has the best chance to take home the biggest share of $20 million!
Saudi Cup Win Contenders
Mandaloun will probably be the wagering favorite in the Saudi Cup, or close to it, and he has an excellent chance of winning. A top American dirt horse in good form, he is strong at the mile and an eighth distance, and his tactical speed should give him a great trip. He is also owned by Saudi interests, Juddmonte, who have likely made sure that this hometown race was his training goal.
If you are interested in playing a longshot, take your shot with Art Collector. The 1,800 meter distance could not be better, as he is a perfect 5-for-5 at a mile and an eighth. He has the tactical speed to work out a sweet outside stalking trip. And, his jockey Luis Saez has already won the Saudi Cup before, so he has proven that he is able to ride the track.
Mishriff, last year’s winner, is the other horse who would not be a surprise on the win end. He is less exciting to bet given his tough outside gate. However, he has already proven his ability over the course and distance, and he has the versatility to carve out just about any trip and run a good race. He has also proven that he can come back sharp off a similarly long layoff.
Saudi Cup Exotic Wagering
Midnight Bourbon will take some interest in the win pool, but is a lot more interesting to fill out exotic wagers. Though he is likely to be the horse who sets the early pace, he usually finds at least one horse too good — like Mandaloun, who ran him down in the Louisiana (G3) last out. He is consistent enough to get a piece, but consistently enough second or third to use in exotics only.
Beyond him, two longer shots appeal for the underneath rungs of larger exotics. Emblem Road could be this year’s Great Scot, an in-form Saudi local who loves the track, and Emblem Road gets bonus points for his quality breeding for this trip on dirt. T O Keynes is the better of the Japanese runners, the country’s top dirt horse and excellent over this particular distance.
Free Saudi Cup Picks
These are your free expert picks for the 2022 Saudi Cup:
$20 to win - #7 Mandaloun
- $10 each way - #2 Art Collector
- $1 exacta key - #7 Mandaloun with #2 Art Collector, #8 Midnight Bourbon, #9 Mishriff
- $0.50 trifecta key - #7 Mandaloun with #2 Art Collector, #4 Emblem Road, #8 Midnight Bourbon, #9 Mishriff
- $0.20 superfecta key - #7 Mandaloun with #2 Art Collector, #4 Emblem Road, #8 Midnight Bourbon, #9 Mishriff, #13 T O Keynes