Picks for the 2021 Kentucky Oaks
The 2020 Kentucky Oaks is on tap at Churchill Downs Friday, September 4. The $1.25 million race drew nine three-year-old fillies headed by two goliath runners, Gamine and Swiss Skydiver. Can anyone upset them in this race?
This is your place for free picks for the 2020 Kentucky Oaks. The famous contest for three-year-old fillies started in 1875 and has grown to be a $1.25 million event and one of the best horse races every year. The 2020 Oaks drew a field of nine and it is sure to be a fantastic race.
|Kentucky Oaks Winner|
Kentucky Oaks Best Bets
- $10 to win on Speech
- $5 Trifecta box, Speech/Swiss Skydiver/Gamine
- $10 to show on Shedaresthedevil
- $2 exacta, Speech and Swiss Skydiver
- $5 win, place, show on Donna Veloce
Kentucky Oaks Field and Odds
1. Swiss Skydiver (Tyler Gaffalione/Ken McPeek) (8-5)
2. Tempers Rising (Julien Leparoux/Dallas Stewart) (50-1)
3. Donna Veloce (Ricardo Santana, Jr/Simon Callaghan) (15-1)
4. Speech (Javier Castellano/Michael McCarthy) (5-1)
5. Gamine (John Velazquez/Bob Baffert) (Even)
6. Bayerness (Rafael Bejarano/Cherie DeVaux) (50-1)
7. Shedaresthedevil (Florent Geroux/Brad Cox) (20-1)
8. Hopeful Growth (Manny Franco/A R Margotta, Jr) (30-1)
9. Dream Marie (Joe Talamo/M J Williams) (50-1)
Kentucky Oaks Longshot
Donna Veloce is a very interesting Kentucky Oaks longshot. She has not raced since March 8, when she won the Santa Ysabel (G3) at Santa Anita impressively. Last year she was second by a head in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1) in just her second start, then narrowly missed again in the Grade 1 Starlet at Los Alamitos. She has a very strong series of workouts leading into this race for trainer Simon Callaghan.
Kentucky Oaks Handicapping
On paper, the race is between Gamine and Swiss Skydiver. Those two top fillies have been dusting the competition all year, and are going to face each other for the first time. Both were mentioned as Kentucky Derby candidates earlier in the year. But they will have to face Speech, a daughter of Uncle Mo who won the Grade 1 Ashland last out.
Kentucky Oaks Predictions
Gamine will try to run the field off their feet, but she won't have it easy. Swiss Skydiver and Speech will be waiting in the wings, with Shedaresthedevil and Donna Veloce gearing up, too. Gamine could fold over the longer distance that she has never traversed, and the others could sweep past her in the stretch, causing higher payouts.
Kentucky Oaks History
The Kentucky Oaks is one of the leading races of the year. Its current participants include Dallas Stewart, who had the biggest Kentucky Oaks upset in history when Lemons Forever won in 2006 at 47-1. Four of the jockeys have already won: Javier Castellano, Florent Geroux, Rafael Bejarano, and John Velazquez, but not since 2004. The other five riders will be trying for their first Kentucky Oaks victories.
See below the top sportsbooks where you can wager online and choose the best one for you:
Category : Sports Betting News