Indiana has always been pretty pro-gambling, they have always offered plenty of casino gambling, tribal gambling, and horse racing betting markets. So once the Supreme Court overturned the PASPA ruling and allowed states to decide whether they will allow sports betting, many anxiously awaited Indiana lawmakers to legalize sports betting.
- 350% bonus up to $250
- 450% bonus up to $1000
- 7125% up to $2,500
- 950% bonus up to $1000
- 10100% up to $500
- 12$500 Sign-up Bonus
- 1350% up to $1000
- 14Up to $500 bonus
- 15100% up to $300
- 16100% up to $500
- 17100% up to $1,000
- 18100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
Until September 2019, sports betting was illegal, and they even had updated betting laws to include online gambling, so the prospect of sports betting, especially online being legalized seemed bleak. The first sports betting apps launched in October 2019 with BetRivers and DraftKings Sportsbook at the helm.
Now, with almost a year of sports betting under their belt, 15 sportsbooks have opened at casinos and horse racing tracks, and eight sportsbook apps are available to residents of Indiana, with more on the way.
In terms of other gambling activities, Indiana has about 10 casinos, some of which are riverboats, that offer a Las Vegas experience, lots of slot machines, and some even have table games. We should note that Poker isn’t legal in the state of Indiana.
With a population of six million, the potential for taxed revenue (9.5% of gross gaming revenue) would bring in millions of dollars each year.
Can I bet on sports in Indiana?
Yes, you can bet on sports in Indiana.
As long as you are 21 years of age, and either visit a land-based casino or racetrack that houses a sportsbook or sign up for a mobile sportsbook app. As long as you’re within state lines, you can sign up and play at an Indiana sportsbook, whether you’re a resident or a visitor.
The accessibility of sportsbooks in Indiana is exciting to see considering Indiana has so few professional sports teams. There is only one rule in their sports betting law, and that bettors are not allowed to bet on eSports or amateur athletes under the age of 18.
Indiana Sportsbooks and Casinos
There are 13 riverboats, land-based, and tribal gambling venues in the state of Indiana with permission to offer legal sports betting. Many of these venues partner with big online sportsbook brands to offer their products at their casinos.
The first sportsbooks to open their doors were the Ameristar Casino Resort, Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg, Indiana Grand Racing & Casino, Winner’s Circle Indianapolis, and Horseshoe Hammond Casino.
- Ameristar Casino Resort East Chicago is partnered with DraftKings Sportsbook, and located in the casino pavilion, near the sports bar. They offer all professional and collegiate sports on five sports betting terminals and 12 sports betting kiosks.
- Belterra Casino Resort is partnered with FanDuel Sportsbook and is located in Florence, Indiana. Their FanDuel sportsbook offering includes five betting windows, ten self-service kiosks, big-screen televisions, and a video wall for viewing the games or matches. You are able to bet on all professional and collegiate sports.
- Blue Chip Casino is also partnered with FanDuel Sportsbook and is located in Michigan City, Indiana. Their sportsbook offers five betting windows, 22 big-screen televisions, and 2 sports tickers.
- French Lick Resort Casino is partnered with Rush Street Interactive and is located in French Lick, Indiana. Sports bettors can wager on any professional sports, including the NFL, soccer, and even bowling. There are three betting windows to place a wager, or you can head to one of eight self-service kiosks. Online betting is also available by downloading the BetRivers app.
- Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg is partnered with Kambi and is located inside Hops House 99. You can bet on a selection of professional sports, and even some collegiate sports. There are 16 kiosks available to place wagers in a self-serve fashion.
- Caesars Entertainment manages Harrah’s Hoosier Park, Horseshoe Hammond Casino, Horseshoe Southern Indiana Hotel & Casino, Indiana Grand Racing & Casino, and Winner’s Circle Clarksville, Indianapolis and New Haven and they are all partnered with Scientific Games.
- Rising Star Casino Resort is partnered with BetAmerica and Wynn Resorts and is located in Rising Sun, Indiana. Sports bettors can play online at BetAmerica and receive a bonus of $25 in free betting dollars when they sign up for the online sportsbook option.
- Tropicana Evansville Casino is partnered with William Hill and offers a selection of professional sports to place wagers on. They offer a William Hill rewards card when you sign up at the sportsbook in the casino, and you can place your bets at the betting counter or the William Hill Kiosks.
Top Online Sportsbooks in Indiana
While they have plenty of online sports betting apps that are legal in the state, some sports bettors prefer the online sportsbooks they’ve been using for years. Many online sportsbooks like Bovada and BetOnline have fantastic reputations, great deposit options, unlimited odds on any sport, and huge bonuses.
Whether you decide to play on state-run sports betting sites or offshore, there are plenty of options for sports bettors in Indiana, whether you’re a resident or a visitor to the state.
You will find many markets to bet on Indiana's professional teams, such as the Indiana Fever (WNBA), Indiana Pacers (NBA) and Indianapolis Colts (NFL). You will also find many betting lines for the state's amateur teams, such as the Indy Eleven (USL), FC Indiana (WPSL), Fort Wayne Ants (NBA G-League), and others.