MotoGP Odds & Picks for the 2019 Season
Can anyone dethrone Marc Márquez? That’s the prevailing question entering this year’s MotoGP tour. While just 26 years old, the road racer has been crowned the world champion in each of the last three seasons. That said, as we’re about to show you, the push to unseat him is real this time around.
The verdict is in, and to no one's surprise, all the Grand Prix motorcycle racing experts think Marc Márquez is headed for his fourth consecutive world championship. Our preview of this the 2019 MotoGP field is here to determine whether there's a realistic challenger to his throne. We'll cover the following:
- MotoGP Schedule 2019
- The Latest MotoGP News
- Complete Betting Odds for MotoGP
- MotoGP Betting Predictions
2019 MotoGP Season Breakdown
Schedule for 2019 MotoGP Season
Here is the complete list of races that will be taking place this season:
- March 10, Qatar: Losail Circuit
- March 31, Argentina: Termas de Rio Hondo Circuit
- April 14, Americas: Americas Circuit
- May 5, Spain: Jerez Circuit
- May 19, France: Le Mans Circuit
- June 2, Italy: Mugello Circuit
- June 16, Catalunya: Catalunya Circuit
- June 30, Netherlands: Assen Circuit
- July 7, Germany: Sachsenring Circuit
- August 4, Czech Republic: Brno Circuit
- August 11, Austria: Red Bull Ring Circuit
- August 25, Great Britain: Silverstone Circuit
- September 15, San Marino: Misano Circuit
- September 22, Aragon: Moterland Circuit
- October 6, Thailand: Buriram Circuit
- October 20, Japan: Motegi Circuit
- October 27, Australia: Phillip Island Circuit
- November 3, Malaysia: Sepang Circuit
- November 17, Valencia: Valencia Circuit
MotoGP World Championship Betting Odds
Can anyone catch up to the favorite Marc Márquez? Oddsmakers believe Italian racer Andrea Dovizioso might have an outside chance.
Here are the riders with the 10 best odds of being crowned MotoGP's world champion this year:
- Marc Márquez (-175)
- Andrea Dovizioso (+350)
- Jorge Lorenzo (+700)
- Maverick Vinales (+800)
- Danilo Petrucci (+1200)
- Valentino Rossi (+1800)
- Alex Rins (+2000)
- Cal Crutchlow (+4000)
- Jack Miller (+6600)
- Francesco Bagnaia (+6600)
MotoGP News and Predictions
Marc Márquez is not concerned about his recovery from pre-season shoulder surgery. He considers himself fully recovered, and his test speeds have apparently been really good. Oddsmakers clearly aren't fazed, either. He opened as a -100 to -130 favorite in previous months and the line has since moved even further up.
Andrea Dovizioso still profiles as Márquez's biggest competition. His test times have been great as well; he ended up as the fourth-fastest rider during his most recent beta run in Sepang, and his that was actually considered slow by his standards.
Meanwhile, if you're looking for dark-horse bets, we recommend Danilo Petrucci and Valentino Rossi.
Petrucci opened in some spots at +5000, but a flurry of investments have since moved him into the top five. Rossi has suffered from the exact opposite fate—which is why we like him. He started off in the +1200 range, and while nothing has happened to really hurt his chances, the rise of Petrucci has tilted his odds in a more lucrative direction.
Ultimately, though, we cannot pick against Márquez. Had he struggled during more test runs, then maybe there might be more room for other contenders. Right now, he appears to be headed for a fourth straight title.
OSB's Prediction: Marc Márquez (-175)
Check out this list of the best online sportsbooks so that you can find a great place to bet on the MotoGP's World Championship:
Category : Sports Betting News